What is it to be ‘blessed’?
According to Psalm 1 the ‘Blessed Man or Woman’ is like a tree:
- Planted by the rivers of water
- Productive in that he or she brings forth fruit in its season
- Perennial in that his or her leaf does not wither
- Prosperous in whatever he or she does
The ‘Blessed Man or Woman’ tends to stand out because:
- Their character is deeper
- Their ideas are fresher
- Their spirit is softer
- Their courage greater
- Their leadership is better
- Their concerns are wider
- Their compassion is more genuine
- Their convictions are more concrete
And there is more:
- They are joyful in spite of difficult circumstances
- They show wisdom far beyond their years
- They think out of the box and are full of surprises
- They have ideas and actions that can be trusted
How can this be so? What makes all of this possible?
- Because they have a spiritual root system that goes down to streams of living water!
- From where does your ‘root system’ draw its life?
- Have you been too busy with ‘busyness’?
- Do you know that ‘busyness’ can be closely tied to ‘worldliness’?
- Have you been caught up with society’s agenda and you’ve neglected being with God?
- Is it possible that you have allowed your quality time with the Lord to be diminished?
Thoughts to consider:
- Any way you cut it, a key ingredient to prospering is –time. Not left-over time, not throw-away time, but quality time!
- Quality time for meditation! Quality time for intimate communion! Unhurried, uninterrupted quality time with the Lord!
- Blessed times by the ‘rivers of water’ that flow from the Head Waters Himself!